An area of tooth decay should never be ignored. As it develops into a cavity, you can experience pain and bad breath, and a cavity or lost tooth can have an effect on your appearance. Dr. Sampalis can repair that decayed spot or fill that cavity with composite dental fillings in Oaklawn, illinois. Composite fillings are not only a healthier choice for your smile but can be colored to blend in with your natural teeth. If you think you may have a cavity, call (708) 576-4073 to plan your visit with our dentist.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentist and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentist will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our dentist, contact our office today.